On completion of this course you will have:
• An in-depth understanding of the scientific knowledge and evidence-based practice that underpins acute care nursing practice
• The clinical competency to demonstrate application of knowledge to practice in your chosen speciality
• The ability to apply critical thinking to complex clinical situations in the provision of specialty nursing care to individuals who are acutely ill and may have complex chronic diseases
• The ability to communicate and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the theory underpinning specialist nursing practice
• Lifelong learning skills that facilitate knowledge and skill development as a specialty nurse and the ability to undertake continuing professional development in preparation for more advanced levels of nursing practice, including clinical leadership
Offered for the first time in January 2018, this course has been designed to provide registered nurses working in a variety of acute clinical settings, an opportunity to develop nursing specialty practice and enhance career progression.
Delivered online with a clinical component, this course will give you the opportunity to develop highly sought-after clinical knowledge and practice while being mentored in your area of specialty. You'll also be able to personalise your qualification to match your area of interest and clinical practice.
As a graduate of this course, you will be eligible for credit to transition into the on-campus Master of Advanced Nursing Practice.
Who should apply?
If you are a practicing registered nurse, with one or more years’ experience, working a minimum of 24 hours a week, and you are committed to enhancing your practice and being recognised and rewarded for your commitment and expertise, this course is for you.
More information is available here.