This is a tailored course developed by experienced primary care nurses and general practitioners for Division 1 nurses. The course will complement their previous work experience, and reflects the latest policy developments in the primary care field.
It will prepare nurses to:
- be a vital member of the general practice/primary care team;
- contribute to the clinical care of patients;
- facilitate change in the primary care setting;
- improve access and health outcomes for patients;
- provide better management of chronic conditions and an increased focus on prevention.
This course provides primary care nurses with the professional and clinical experience to take on a complex nursing role in a challenging environment. The course is able to be balanced with work commitments.Download course flyer (266.7 KB)
The Training in Immunisation and Travel Health flyer is available to Download (PDF 180KB)
The Training in Women's Health Screening flyer is available to Download (PDF 180KB)
Completing the diploma or certificate will provide nurses with the clinical skills and theoretical knowledge to increase their scope of practice and provide comprehensive and evidence based patient care.
- Graduates are well prepared and eligible for entry into the Masters of Advanced Nursing Programs at the University of Melbourne.
- Our Women’s Health Screening subject is accredited by PapScreen Victoria. Students will be able to practice as Nurse Cervical Screening Providers upon completion of the program.
- Our Immunisation and Travel Health subject is recognised by the Chief Health Officer as a program of study for Nurse Immunisers. Students will be able to practice as Nurse Immunisers in Victoria upon completion of the program.