- Understand the epidemiology, diagnosis and management of sexually transmissible infections and sexual and reproductive health issues relevant to Australia
- Learn about the public health control of sexually transmissible infection
- Apply conceptual and practical learnings to your own professional practice
- Graduates are employed in careers related to sexual health in the fields of clincal care, research, the pharmaceutical industry or hospitals
Sexual health is an integral part of overall health and we focus upon the effect of sexual health on the well-being of an individual and recognise and understand the impact sexual health has on the public health of the community.
You may be a health practititioner, such as a general practitioner or a nurse wishing to train or have an interest in sexual health or related field. With successful completion of the Graduate Certificate you will find it easier to enter careers related to sexual health in the fields of clinical care, research, the pharmaceutical industry, or hospitals.
Graduates wishing to pursue a program in Sexual Health can select from the following options:
- Master of Public Health specialisation in Sexual Health
- Graduate Certificate in Sexual Health
Our subjects taught are available in face-to-face and distance mode and draw on national and international developments in the diagnosis and public health control of sexually transmissible infections.