The Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education is an opportunity to broaden your skills at an advanced level while demonstrating autonomy and responsibility as a clinical practitioner, educator and learner.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in clinical education
- Apply advanced cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to clinical teaching
- Critically analyse, evaluate and transform information to complete a range of clinical education activities
- Analyse, generate and transmit solutions to complex problems in clinical education
- Transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others involved with clinical education at a transitional level.
The Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education is the second step in the Excellence in Clinical Teaching (EXCITE) suite, designed for those who not only teach clinical education, but who are involved in its planning and development.
This course takes the Graduate Certificate's learner centered approach and adds levels of flexibility and complexity providing you with a deeper understanding of the principles behind education and assessment.
Studies ensure a research-driven focus, allowing you to extend your knowledge in areas of interest or broaden your skills to take on new challenges.
Who is this course for?
The Graduate Diploma is designed as the next step for those who do the teaching as well as providing a pathway towards a career in clinical education.
All Australian and international clinical teachers are welcome to apply for the Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education. The course is not available to students who require a student visa to reside and study in Australia. However, we do offer an intensive coursework option for interstate and international clinicians, which requires participants to visit Melbourne only three times during the year.
Pathways to further study
The Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education provides a pathway towards completion of the Master of Clinical Education.