150 point program
1.5 years full-time / part-time unavailable
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed one of the following:
a) a qualifying Australian Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent within the last ten years with a grade point average of H2A (75%) or higher;
b) eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers;
c) two years of documented professional social work practice.
Applicants must also:
- submit a research proposal;
- provide referee reports (except for applicants who have graduated from the University of Melbourne within the last 5 years); and
- obtain the endorsement of a prospective supervisor.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the selection committee will consider:
- prior academic performance and, if relevant, professional qualifications;
- performance at interview;
- understanding of the research question to be explored;
- motivation and capacity to complete the course in a timely manner;
- relevant prior research and/or professional experience ; and
- referee reports.
3. The selection committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Selection and Admission into Graduate Research Courses Policy.
4. The minimum English language requirements for this course are Band 7.