The objectives of this course are to provide students with skills in:
• conducting research in biomedical and health sciences;
• designing experiments;
• taking responsibility for managing a research project;
• preparing and giving an oral and written presentation of the results;
• expressing intellectual, scientific arguments; and
• assimilating and critically evaluating existing knowledge within a scientific paradigm.
The Master of Biomedical Science offers graduates a pathway into a research or other science based career, or PhD studies.
This program is an alternative to the Honours to PhD pathway. Students undertake a major research project and discipline-specific coursework subjects. In addition, a suite of professional business and communication subjects are offered to complement and enhance the research undertaken and to progress students’ career opportunities.