The Graduate Programs in Clinical Research have been designed to provide graduates with medical, biomedical, nursing and allied health backgrounds the opportunity to advance their clinical research skills and capabilities. The nested award suite provides a flexible program of study, allowing participants to develop and hone their research skills. Participants can progress from the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research and move to the Graduate Diploma and finally the Master of Clinical Research, with the flexibility of continuing or exiting with an award at any of these stages. Our award courses are offered as both part-time and full-time study. Those interested in full-time study can enrol directly in the Graduate Diploma or Master awards.
The final stage in our nested award suite, the Master of Clinical Research, is a dedicated research project and thesis. You will acquire the skills required to plan and implement a clinical research program and translate that research into clinical practice. The Clinical Research Thesis subject allows you to focus on an area of interest with the support and supervision of some of the best researchers globally.
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Research will have:
- A comprehensive understanding of clinical research and issues associated with good clinical practice, ethics and regulations, as well as analytical and project and team management techniques.
- High level analytic and problem solving skills using techniques acquired during the course and independent critical thinking in your field of relevant clinical speciality.
- A comprehensive foundation in the methods and rationales of clinical research.
- The ability to acquire and create knowledge about clinical research.
- The ability to apply theoretical knowledge in the independent design and implementation of a significant research project through to completion in a practical setting.
- The ability to write scholarly papers and present their research findings in a peer environment, such as a specialist conference or seminar.