The Master of Medicine by research gives you the opportunity to undertake research on a specific area of medicine under academic supervision. This course is available to medical graduates of at least two years standing and not less than two years’ experience as a medical officer in a hospital affiliated to an appropriate university for the purpose of teaching.
The degree can be undertaken in the following departments of the Melbourne Medical School:
- General Practice
- Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital
- Medicine, Western Precinct
- Paediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital
- Students may commence the degree at any time during the year between 1 February and 15 December.
- Commencement is subject to prior arrangement with the nominated supervisor and the MDHS Learning and Teaching Unit. (Scholarships have separate rules and students should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary their scholarshp commencement).
- Please check with your supervisor prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.
A range of University policies and procedures apply to Higher Degrees by Research and students should familiarise themselves with these policies via the University Policy Library.