200 point program
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of H2A or higher;
- a masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of H2A or higher;
- a qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent; and
- submit a research proposal; and
- provide referee reports (except for applicants who have graduated from the University of Melbourne within the last 5 years); and
- obtain the endorsement of a prospective supervisor.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In selecting applicants, the selection committee will consider applicants’:
- prior academic performance and, if relevant,
- professional qualifications; and
- performance at interview; and
- understanding of the research question to be explored; and
- motivation and capacity to complete the course in a timely manner; and
- relevant prior research and/or professional experience; and
- referee reports.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. The minimum English language requirements for this course are Band 7.