Get a Master of Psychiatry from Australia’s leading university
- Satisfies the Formal Education course requirements of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP)
- Advance your medical knowledge, skills and career in psychiatry
- Suitable for any medical practitioner with an interest in mental illness
- A superior online learning experience with an iconic education institution
- Complete in three years part time
- Ongoing student and learning community support
A postgraduate psychiatry qualification for medical professionals, delivered online.
With the Master of Psychiatry at the University of Melbourne, you now have the chance to develop your psychiatry knowledge and skills within three years part time, entirely online. That means you can advance your medical career from wherever you happen to be, while studying with a reputable, trusted and iconic university.
With the need to improve psychiatric care to a broader cross section of the community, this course is ideal for any medical practitioner with an interest in, or patients with, mental illness. It will encourage you to explore theoretical concepts in psychiatry and their relationship to clinical practice. The course will provide students with a broad understanding of the cultural and sociocultural differences that exist in our community and geographical region and their relationship to individuals and mental illness.
You’ll complete a number of core subjects in the first year plus selective subjects in the second and third years in order to reflect the ever-increasing current state of knowledge in psychiatry.
The Master of Psychiatry satisfies the Formal Education course requirements of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, applicable to all psychiatric trainees for their Fellowship examinations.