Get a Master of Psychiatry from Australia’s leading university
- Satisfies the Formal Education course requirements of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP)
- Advance your medical knowledge, skills and career in psychiatry
- Suitable for any medical practitioner with an interest in mental illness
- Ongoing student and learning community support
With the need to improve and facilitate the delivery of psychiatric care to a broader cross section of the community, this academic qualification provides doctors with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in working with patients experiencing mental illness. It will encourage you to explore theoretical concepts in psychiatry and their relationship to clinical practice.
The course promotes tolerance to the diversity within our community and our geographical region, equity to appropriate treatment for all individuals, and encourages the practitioner to consider the sociocultural factors in their interactions with patients and their broader community.
The course comprises core and elective subjects which range from the basics through to cutting-edge research, via exploration of the theoretical concepts in psychiatry and the interrelationship with clinical practice.
The Master of Psychiatry satisfies the Formal Education course requirements of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, applicable to all psychiatric trainees for their Fellowship examinations.
- Complete in one year full time (intensive mode) or two years part-time (standard mode)
DOMESTIC APPLICANTS MID-YEAR 2018 INTAKE
- Applications close: 14 June, 2018
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS MID-YEAR 2018 INTAKE
- Applications close: 17 May, 2018
- Complete in three years part time