200 point program
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
• an undergraduate degree in any discipline, or equivalent; or
• at least 200 points of tertiary study in any discipline and at least five years of documented relevant health-related work experience.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• prior academic performance; and when relevant
• the health-related work experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
(a) Successful applicants with (i) an appropriate health professional degree, or (ii) an undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years of documented health related work experience may be granted 25 points of advanced standing.
(b) Successful applicants with (i) an undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years of documented public health related work experience, or (ii) an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline, or (iii) a Graduate Certificate in a cognate discipline may be granted 50 points of advanced standing.
(c) Successful applicants with a Post Graduate Diploma in a cognate discipline may be granted 100 points advanced standing.
(d) Students enrolled in the University of Melbourne Doctor of Medicine (MD) may be permitted to enrol in the Master of Public Health after the completion of the third year of the MD and may receive 25 points of advanced standing. This pathway is not available to students who have already completed the MD.
(e) Quotas may be applied to both CSP and fee-based enrolments.