225 credit points
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree with at least one year of full-time studies in social sciences, or equivalent,
with studies to have been completed within 10 years of commencing the Master of Social Work
an older undergraduate degree and more recent graduate study that demonstrates current capacity for graduate study
- evidence of relevant paid or volunteer work experience of at least 40 hours over a 3 month duration;
- a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why they wish to be considered for the course; and
nomination of a professional referee.
We recommend that applicants submit a detailed CV / Resume with their application to show evidence of work experience and nomination of referee.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance;
- the work experience;
- the personal statement; and
- the referee report.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Selection and Admission into Graduate Research Courses Policy.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7+ is required.
Relevant work experience may be paid or unpaid, and may be full-time or part-time, but for part-time experience, at least 40 hours should normally have been obtained in a single three-month period.