200 point program
2 years full-time / part-time unavailable
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- completed an approved medical degree of at least two years standing with a minimum H2A average or higher; and
- not less than two years’ experience as a medical officer in a hospital affiliated to an appropriate university for the purpose of teaching; and
- completed the first part of the relevant medical colleges’ specialist training program or its equivalent.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the selection committee will consider:
- prior academic performance and, if relevant, professional qualifications;
- performance at interview;
- understanding of the research question to be explored;
- motivation and capacity to complete the course in a timely manner;
- relevant prior research and/or professional experience; and
- referee reports.
3. The selection committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Selection and Admission Policy.
4. The minimum English language requirements for this course are Band 7.
Note: The following colleges’ specialist training programs have previously been recognised for the purpose of satisfying (1.3). Other colleges’ specialist training programs will be considered on an individual basis.
- Australian College of Dermatologists;
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians;
- Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom;
- University of Singapore (Master of Medicine);
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons;
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners;
- Royal Australasian College of Radiologists;
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists;
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australia;
- Royal College of Pathologists (U.K.);
- Royal Australian College of Ophthalmologists.