Applications for 2018 are now open
One intake per year only. First semester commences around end of February.
Course duration is one year full-time or two years part-time. When the course is undertaken in part-time mode, coursework is completed in the first year and the research components are completed in second year.
- Application closing date: 10 November 2017
- Last date to submit completed academic transcripts: 11 December 2017
- Successful applicants notified: Late December/first week of January
To make your application experience easier, you need to know the “Study Package Code” or “Program code”:
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) GDA-PSYCH
- Arts (Honours): BH-ARTS
- Science (Honours): BH-SCI
Note; if you are searching for this program on the central admissions portal, it is listed as postgraduate (though this is not the case, these programs are undergraduate programs)
You may receive an automated reply upon submission of application informing you that a decision will be communicated within two weeks. Please ignore this. Typically we are able to inform students as to whether they have been sucessful or not by the 3rd week of December each year.
A partial academic transcript, if your course has not been completed by application closing date
Full academic transcripts, including all results, by the end of the selection process
We will accepted scanned transcripts via email to when carrying out initial scoring and ranking, but if an offer is made, we will need to sight originals or certified copies before approving your enrolment
There is no mid year intake (even if this option is made available on the university's online application system)
For all enquiries about your application, please contact us via the following email address:
- Non-Australian qualifications are recommended to have an APS comparability assessment undertaken (approximately $600) before submitting their application. Note this can take up to three months. Note this is not a prerequisite to gain admission however it is strongly recommended if the intention is to proceed to the masters/PhD level and will be required before registration as a provisional psychologist within the Masters' progams
English language test of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent required which should be made available as part of the application as typically there is not enough time to complete this before enrolment
There are currently no University of Melbourne sources of funding for international students
Transcript from university should clearly state ‘Major in Psychology’. Transcript is obligatory prior to selection and scoring commencing