The Basic Pathological Sciences (BPS) Exam of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia is highly regarded internationally as a standard-setting certificate for foundational pathology knowledge expected of medical graduates and junior medical doctors. In an era where the science of pathology and its applications in laboratory and clinical medicine are undergoing rapid evolution, taking a refresher course geared towards a certificate exam is beneficial to maintain currency of knowledge.
This face-to-face weekend course offers an intensive mix of interactive lectures, exam techniques workshop, mock exams and review of questions in the style of past RCPA Basic Pathological Sciences exams. Designed and delivered by specialists in the field, it covers high impact topics from the BPS exam syllabus for high yield revision and exam success and is also an excellent stand-alone refresher course for clinical pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Pathology registrars and final year medical students with interest in pathology, preparing for BPS exam. The course would benefit health professionals and students of any tertiary level (medical, dental, allied health, biomedical and other students), who are also welcome to register.
- Applicants to specialist training programs in pathology, surgery, physicians training, radiology, general practice, emergency medicine, public health, health administration and oral medicine / surgery. Attaining a pass certificate on the BPS exam is a large bonus for their applications.
- Candidates preparing for the BPT (Basic Physicians Exam), GSSE (General Surgical Sciences Exam) or similar exams from other medical specialist training colleges with a basic pathology component, as the question content and style share great overlap with the BPS exam.
- International medical graduates (IMG) wanting to refresh their knowledge in an Australian context and helps preparation for the Australian Medical Council (AMC) exams, which share overlap with the BPS exam as it is considered a benchmark exam by the AMC.
- Understand key and highly examinable concepts in basic pathological sciences.
- Utilise evidence-based high yield exam techniques for the BPS exam and other similar exams.
- Explain key basic pathological science topics in an Australia clinical and laboratory context.