"Diabetes Academy - What’s new in diabetes Advanced Course" is an important clinical update discussing the keys to treatment for diabetes. The course is intended to increase the knowledge and confidence of clinicians caring for people with diabetes. The Advanced course provides essential updates on diabetes and its complications to enable clinicians to understand some of the intricacies and nuances of caring for people living with diabetes.
Diabetes management is rapidly evolving. This e-learning course provides an evidence-based update for clinicians on emerging technologies and novel medications available to improve outcomes in people living with diabetes and its complications. Clinical case studies using video vignettes and multiple-choice questions are designed to optimise comprehension and learning.
The course is suitable for clinicians working in the field of diabetes, including GPs, physician trainees, endocrinologists and endocrine trainees, practice nurses, diabetes nurse educators, general physicians, pharmacists and medical students.
- Interpret and manage commercially available closed loop technology
- Interpret and manage the impact of exercise, corticosteroids, fasting, sickness and travel on blood glucose management
- Recognise and manage the most common dermatological conditions associated with diabetes and cutaneous issues arising from diabetes management.
- To detect, diagnose, and manage diabetic kidney disease, appreciate cardiovascular disease risk for people with diabetic kidney disease
- To define the pathophysiology and epidemiology of diabetic retinopathy, the risk factors, classification, screening and management of diabetic retinopathy
- To deliver an effective multidisciplinary model of diabetes healthcare for young adults