Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Course materials can be accessed through the Education app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the course materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however, internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Course materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
The TEE simulator course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials and 20 online case studies. This provides the knowledge base to perform and interpret basic TOE.
- Three-hour workshop. Supervised orientation workshop.
- Post-workshop Case Studies and Exam. 10 online cases to perform using the simulator. The participant in their own time will work through a case study, acquiring images, interpreting pathology, writing a report and completing assessments relevant to the case. At the end of this stage, there is an online MCQ exam.
- 30 online logbooks to record clinical activity performed on patients.
- Acquire the TOE views
- Understand haemodynamic State Assessment
- Perform limited valve assessment using 2D and colour flow Doppler
- Putting it all together – doing a iHeartScan
- Writing a iHeartScan report
- Practical experience in performing and reporting an iHeartScan on simulated and real patients
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.