Be awarded with certification in Focused Cardiac Ultrasound from Melbourne University, a world leader in Point of Care Ultrasound Education and Research and Australia’s #1 university.
Bridging the gap between your foundational theory and clinical practice, our course will develop your competency and confidence in performing and interpreting Focused Cardiac Ultrasound (FCU) under supervision from accredited FCU trainers at your hospital.
Building on your foundational skills developed in the FCU TTE Simulator or iHeartScan course, you will experience a blended learning course, gaining the opportunity to complete supervised scanning sessions on patients with pathology.
Conducted at your hospital via a series of bedside mentored scans, supervised by FCU trainers accredited by the University of Melbourne.
The course content and structure are consistent with other specialist organisation's policies of FCU.
Undergraduate and postgraduate clinicians who wish to integrate the use of FCU into their clinical practice and achieve local recognition of their training. The FCU protocol used is iHeartScan, which is focused on acute and critical care medicine such as anaesthesia, intensive care and emergency medicine.
- Understand what is FCU competence and the level of certification and credentialing achieved by completing this course
- Develop proficiency in operation of an ultrasound machine in performing, interpreting and sharing FCU images
- Build on your knowledge in assessing haemodynamic state
- Build your confidence in using FCU to identify or exclude significant ventricular, valvular, and pericardial disease
- Understand how to integrate bedside FCU in your workplace
- Gain clinical practice experience by completing and logging 30 supervised FCU scans