Lung ultrasound can identify common causes of lung pathology encountered in medicine and surgery, including COVID-19 infection.
- Advantages over chest x-ray and computer tomography include increased availability, lack of exposure to radiation, reduced cost and repeated use as a monitor
- Practice scanning and interpretation of pathology on a Vimedix Ultrasound Simulator guided by your personal digital assistant.
- Learn how to report lung ultrasound - download the app from the Apple Store.
- Other skills learned include safe and practical methods of minimising contamination with micro-organisms and ultrasound-guided aspiration and drainage of pleural effusion.
- For Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Training click here.
- No workshop or practice on patients/volunteers is required!
- Start and complete the course when it is convenient for you!
This is a self-directed online course. Upon receipt of payment, you will receive a “Getting Started” email with instructions on how to access the course materials. Have the flexibility to study in your own time and location. Program materials can be accessed through the eLearning app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the program materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Program materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
You will need access to a VimedixTM Ultrasound Simulator with pleural module (CAE Healthcare). The COVID-19 lung ultrasound and thoracocentesis Blue Phantom simulators are optional.