THIS COURSE IS DUE FOR RELEASE IN SEMESTER ONE 2021
Perioperative Medicine and the use of focused clinical ultrasound and are two rapidly evolving areas of modern clinical medicine.
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of perioperative clinical ultrasound, perioperative medicine, and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery pathways;
- Integrate medical knowledge and clinical ultrasound into the management of patients in the perioperative environment and to effectively convey complex clinical problems to others;
- Critique and apply knowledge of clinical ultrasound, perioperative medicine, and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery pathways to perioperative patients.
- Critique the diagnosis and management of perioperative complications and the role of clinical ultrasound;
- Critique current measurement of postoperative quality of recovery and its role in perioperative care; and
- Interpret online case studies and record and reflect upon clinical cases of perioperative medicine application.
Focused clinical ultrasound is an important diagnostic aid to perioperative physicians and is fast being integrated into clinical practice by enhancing preoperative assessment and risk stratification, intraoperative management, and postoperative assessment and diagnosis of complications.
Practitioners of Perioperative Medicine thus require two major blocks of knowledge and skill: one is the acquisition of foundation skills in clinical ultrasound, the other is the knowledge of integrating this into preoperative assessment and optimisation, intraoperative strategies, post-operative care, and quality of recovery.
This course constitutes a cohesive program by first teaching the fundamental skills and application of clinical ultrasound, and then critically evaluating the clinical applications of ultrasound in the perioperative period.
Designed for medical professionals wishing to obtain further expertise in ultrasound for clinical practice, this course is particularly valuable for anesthetists, emergency physicians, other medical specialists.
Register Your Interest
We anticipate this course will be released in January 2021.
Please complete the Expression of Interest form and we will notify you once the course is released.
After completion of the Graduate Certificate of Clinical Ultrasound, you can then move into the Graduate Diploma of Perioperative medicine.
Subject 1: Prehabilitation and risk assessment (core subject) 12.5 credit points
Subject 2: Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (core subject) 12.5 credit points
Subject 3: Perioperative Complications (core subject) 12.5 credit points
Subject 4: Postoperative Quality of Recovery (core subject) 12.5 credit points