Online learning is rapidly increasing, and if done well can enhance teaching and learning for our students. Online learning also forms the basis of blended learning and the flipped classroom approach.
The aim of this course is to show academics how online learning is delivered, so that they can understand the processes involved, the pedagogy, the business case and how to produce, publish and support an online course.
Academics wanting to create an online learning course.
- Understand the history of online learning development
- Differentiate between “high touch” versus “light touch” online learning
- Determine the difference between quality versus scale
- Understand the process of eLearning development – including content production, delivery and support
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business of online learning
- Discover future directions