How much is it?
Introductory Course Fee:
Placement in own workplace – $825 (incl. GST)
Placement not in own workplace – $836 (incl. GST)
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Currently registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse in (Division 1) with General Registration.
- 1 year of full time or equivalent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in Division 1.
- Confirmed placement for practical component (further information below).
- Valid Police check, WWCC and Immunisation and blood borne virus declaration (Confirmation by employer also accepted).
PRACTICAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant is required to work up to 10 hours of clinical practice with a local immuniser.
- Applicants may use their current workplace or alternatively use an organisation from a list of recommendations (hyperlink to list of recommendations).
- Placement will be confirmed with Course Coordinator.
- Submission of a signed logbook during placement is required for the practical component.
This course is currently going through APNA accreditation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will this course allow me to practice as an independent nurse immuniser?
- Q: Do I need a placement on application into the course?
- Q: When can I start the placement?
Q: When organising a placement for the Immunisation (Nurse Immunser) course, do I receive help from the University?
A: The University will provide a list of placement options on the website, however it is the responsibility of the student to secure their own placement. The most likely place for you to complete your placement is at your own workplace, local council or a local GP practice if they have an immunisation clinic.
- Q: How many vaccinations do I need to do during my placement?
This course is now available, please click the button below to apply.
T: +61 3 8344 5673