A short course designed for health professionals of any discipline who currently hold, or anticipate holding, leadership positions within the clinical environment. Participants will gain valuable leadership skills to help improve their organisations; develop and implement change initiatives and promote treatment quality and safety excellence within healthcare settings. This is not a generic leadership workshop, it is embedded within the clinical context, taught largely by clinicians and clinical educators, and focused on clinical issues and challenges. Clinicians will be transformed as leaders alongside other clinicians who will share their experiences and enhance each other’s learning.
By the end of this three day course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an analytical and reflective approach to their clinical leadership
- Understand the unique and common challenges and approaches involved in managing, developing and coaching others within the clinical context
- Be aware of their strengths and weaknesses as a clinical leader and be prepared to collaborate accordingly
- Collaborate with practitioners from other health disciplines to achieve best outcomes for their patients
- Appreciate the importance of exchanging feedback, support and assistance with colleagues
- Identify new problem solving and analytic approaches they can bring to issues of clinical leadership
- Appreciate approaches to breaking down unfamiliar and difficult challenges, and make plans for leading programs that address these challenges
- Describe leadership visions and plan ways to communicate these effectively through both spoken presentations and written documents.
Date: Wednesday 21 - Friday 23 March 2018, 9am - 5pm
Venue: Parkville, Melbourne
Registration: visit the fees and application page for further details and to register
This short course can articulate to a 12.5 credit point subject within one of our award courses. Additional assessment costs are charged at $900 for articulation into the Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership. Details of the full course can be found here.Program Flyer
Please note: we also offer bespoke delivery of this program for health organisations. Please complete an expression of interest and we'll be in contact to discuss a customised program.Expression of Interest