This online course includes scientific background and practical clinical information aimed at health practitioners involved in the assessment and treatment of people with obesity. Clinical case studies and interactive questions are designed to maximise engagement and learning.
In recent years, advances have been made in our understanding of the biology of obesity, which has led to the development of new treatment approaches. Management of Obesity is an online course developed by physicians specialising in obesity research and clinical practice. The course is designed to provide an evidence-based approach for managing patients who are seeking treatment for obesity.
The course is suitable for all clinicians involved in the management of patients with obesity, including general practitioners, physicians, doctors in training, dietitians, allied health professionals and students.
- Assess patients with obesity using Edmonton Obesity Staging System (EOSS) and set appropriate system-based treatment goals
- Explain body weight regulation to patients
- Construct an evidence-based treatment plan for obesity management
- Access a patient's suitability for intensive weight management interventions including very-low energy diets, pharmacotherapy and bariatric surgery
- List the routine monitoring and medication adjustments recommended for patients prescribed a very-low-energy diet
I am a GP and have completed the diabetes and the obesity courses from the university of Melbourne. I have found them to be the most educational courses of any GP training I have done. Written by doctors who work in the field and not a drug company. Plus a lot of case studies that then give you confidence practising the learnt information on your own
- from our GP student