Delivering the knowledge base and skills required to assess fetal presentation and wellbeing with ultrasound.
This course is due for release in March 2020
Developed as a joint initiative between the Mobile Learning Unit, Melbourne Medical School, and Mercy Perinatal, Mercy Hospital for Women.
Many of the problems and clinical questions encountered in routine antenatal care can be quickly solved or easily answered with a bedside ultrasound scan. We have designed this ultrasound course to upskill midwives and doctors providing pregnancy care anywhere to be able to accurately determine fetal presentation, and to assess fetal wellbeing at the point of care, without having to refer on to a medical imaging service.
Midwives and doctors providing antenatal and intrapartum care to pregnant women.
- To use an ultrasound machine to assess fetal presentation and wellbeing in pregnancy
- To accurately determine and describe fetal presentation and lie
- To assess the amniotic fluid volume
- To perform a biophysical profile assessment
- To assess blood flow resistance in the umbilical artery and the fetal middle cerebral artery
- To apply knowledge of ultrasound results to patients' clinical contexts