This is a unique course that allows the student or junior doctor to understand how they can develop their professional skills so that they will be successful in their medical career progression. The course will also allow participants to learn from trainees as well as experienced tutors on how candidates achieve success.
Medical students and junior doctors spend a significant period of time acquiring the knowledge and training to ensure they are work ready from a practical skills perspective. The changing landscape of the healthcare system means students are often unprepared to navigate the competitive landscape of their own medical career. This course is designed to address this knowledge gap and provides a strategic roadmap to allow students to develop new skills and understanding on how to create and maximise their career choices. Obtain insights into the competitive recruitment process and assemble the necessary elements to ensure you present your best case for medical career success. Highlights of this course include how to develop your own competitive CV; how to develop, execute and promote your research capabilities; understand which conferences are worth targeting; and develop a strategy to meet the challenge of difficult questions associated with professional interviews and public presentations.
Medical students and junior doctors up to a Registrar level
- Develop strategies to enhance your career progression through optimising daily work practice and leveraging the experience of your immediate team and professional network
- Understand and apply a systematic approach to maximise choices and achieve career goals
- Develop the practical skills to craft your CV including referee selection strategy to improve your chance of specialist training selection
- Understand the scientific approach to execute a successful clinical research project which is achievable, meaningful and suitable for publication and presentation
- Develop presentation skills and apply reliable methods for optimal interview performance