This 2 day short course will include specialists speakers from across the region who will present on how ecosystems, humans and animals link to health and wellbeing. Four modules will introduce you to ecosystem approaches to health and provide you with tools to apply this in your workplaces.
This two-day short course will offer participants a range of experiences, learning’s and skills including:
- A better understanding of ecosystem approaches to health (also known as EcoHealth);
- Knowledge of the key EcoHealth principles and how they can be applied at a regional and local level;
- A toolkit for applying EcoHealth approaches in government, NGO’s and research;
- Hearing case studies, theories and concepts from leading EcoHealth and One Health experts exploring the environment and health nexus;
- Developing solutions to future public health and environmental issues;
- Applying this knowledge in both a classroom and “out in the field” settings; and
- Building a network of “EcoHealth Solutions” alumina that can strengthen approaches to health and environmental issues collaboratively.
What’s the value for me?
You will walk away from this short course with skills, knowledge and tools to tackle local, regional and global public health and environmental issues in your community and workplace. You will strengthen your network with a group of “EcoHealth Solutions” colleagues to tackle such issues.