Intended learning outcomes
On the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appraise the extent, impact, causes of, and responses to, key child health challenges globally;
- Critique inequities in global child health, and how such inequities are shaped by broader social, cultural, economic and environmental factors;
- Analyse the importance of the life-cycle approach to child health;
- Identify current conceptual frameworks guiding child health programming globally, including the promotion of child development and child human rights;
- Assess the influence of country level health systems, and global frameworks and institutions on child health programming;
- Critique current peer-reviewed literature and child health programming using the conceptual frameworks introduced in the course.