100 Credit Points
The Bachelor of Medical Science is offered to undergraduate medical students from selected international medical schools only which hold an agreement with the University of Melbourne.
Entry requirements for the Bachelor of Medical Science (100 credit points)
- In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed Semesters 1 to 5 of a Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery degree, or equivalent (250 credit points). Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
- In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider prior academic performance.
- The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Admission and Selection into Course Policy.
- The English language requirements for this program are an overall IELTS score of at least 7.0, with no band score less than 6.5. Scores on other standard English language tests that are recognised by the Academic Board as equivalent will also be accepted.
Please note this program is only open to enrolled students at universities with which the University of Melbourne has an agreement confirming availability of the program.
Successful applicants will be awarded 250 points of credit towards the BMedSci degree.
Research project stream requirements
Entry to the research project stream is restricted to:
- Applicants who have a weighted average mark of at least H1 (80%) over semesters 1 to 5 of their Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery degree, or equivalent
- Have completed prior learning in research methodology and design to at least H2B (70%) standard
- Have an overall IELTS score of at least 7.0
- Can demonstrate reading and writing band scores of at least 7.0, and listening and speaking band scores of at least 6.5 (or equivalent scores on other tests recognised by the Academic Board).