Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Program materials can be accessed through the Education app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the program materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however, internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Program materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
The Peri-arrest simulator course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials and 20 online case studies. This provides the knowledge base to perform and interpret basic lung, heart and abdominal images to identify the cause of peri-arrest.
- Three-hour workshop. Managed in your institution to learn how to acquire images and how to use the simulator.
- Post-workshop Case Studies and Exam. 16 online cases to perform using the simulator. The participant in their own time will work through a case study, acquiring images, interpreting pathology, writing a report and completing assessments relevant to the case. At the end of this stage, there is an online MCQ exam.
- 30 online logbooks to record clinical activity performed on patients.
- Understand the roles and limitations of ultrasound in cardiac arrest (during the ACLS algorithm) and Peri-Arrest
- Perform focused ultrasound of the heart, lungs and abdomen
- Recognise the causes of Peri-Arrest
- Perform an iHeartScan Peri-Arrest scan
- Write an iHeartScan Peri-Arrest report
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.