Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Course materials can be accessed through the iTeachU app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the program materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Program materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
The Ultrasound Guided Simulator Vascular Access course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials, and pre-workshop MCQ exam. This provides the knowledge base to perform ultrasound-guided vascular access.
- Three-hour workshop. Managed in your institution to demonstrate how to perform vascular access on the simulators (imaging, needle technique and feeding a wire into the vessel).
- Post-workshop Case Studies and Exam. Four self-directed cannulations on each of internal jugular vein, axillary/subclavian vein, peripheral vein, radial artery, femoral artery and femoral vein. At the end of this stage there is an online MCQ exam.
- Optional. 30 online logbook to record clinical activity performed on patients.
- Perform basic needle techniques (blue phantom gel blocks)
- Ultrasound of the upper limb (picc line and radial art line)
- Ultrasound of the neck – internal jugular and axillary vein catheter
- Ultrasound of the femoral vein and artery
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.