This workshop is designed for Anaesthetists, Intensive Care, Emergency Department Physicians and Surgeons who wish to learn how to use Point-of-Care (POC) transthoracic ultrasound.
iHeartScan™ stands for Haemodynamic Echocardiography Assessment in Real Time.
Extend your experience and training in transthoracic echocardiography at the #1 University in Australia.
Begin by completing our comprehensive eLearning component prior to the workshop, which consists of a series of tutorials and case studies focusing on transthoracic echocardiography.
Your knowledge is reinforced with a hands-on workshop and demonstration, where under the guidance of an experienced ultrasound trainer, you will have the opportunity to practise transthoracic ultrasound on live models.
Each workshop has an instructor to participant ratio of 1:5
- Generate basic transthoracic imaging
- Perform haemodynamic state assessment including the measurement of cardiac output
- Determine basic assessment of valves using 2D and colour flow Doppler imaging
- Conduct an iHeartScan™ examination
- Perform iHeartScan™ reporting and examination