How much is it?
Introductory Course Fee:
Placement in own workplace – $825 (incl. GST)
Placement not in own workplace – $835 (incl. GST)
This course is online and you can commence anytime. You can complete this course in your own timeframe and most students will formally finish the course within a 6 month period. Once you have registered for the course, you will have lifetime access to the course content.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Currently registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse in (Division 1) with General Registration.
- 1 year of full time or equivalent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in Division 1.
- Confirmed placement for practical component (further information below).
- Valid Police check, WWCC and Immunisation and blood borne virus declaration (Confirmation by employer also accepted).
PRACTICAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant is required to work up to 10 hours of clinical practice with a local immuniser.
- Applicants may use their current workplace or alternatively should seek placement with a local council. If you are unable to source a placement, please email mobile learning for assistance.
- Placement will be confirmed with Course Coordinator.
- Submission of a signed logbook during placement is required for the practical component.
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards criteria. Completion of this educational activity entitles eligible participants to claim up to 120 CPD hours.
This course will allow you to practice as an independent nurse immuniser in Victoria. Nurses from other states will need to confirm their eligibility with their relevant State health Department.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the requirements for infection and immunisation?
A: The requirements for infection and immunisation are detailed here: https://mdhs.unimelb.edu.au/study/current-students/placements/students/requirements/infection
- Q: How many vaccinations do I need to do during my placement?
- Q: Do you have any information for preceptors?
- Q: Can I start and complete the course anytime?
- Q: Will this course allow me to practice as an independent nurse immuniser?
- Q: When organising a placement for the Immunisation (Nurse Immuniser) course, do I receive help from the University?
Q: What if I completed my nurse experience overseas?
A: You will need to show evidence of your experience as a Division one nurse during your time overseas and your experience in Australia before a decision could be made. You will need to provide a hospital payslip from AU that shows the grade you are paid at. In general, anything at or above RN Grade 2 Year 2 would indicate you had one year of full-time experience. Otherwise, a letter from your previous employer in English stating your hours of experience as a Registered Nurse will suffice. A decision will be made by the Course Director (Tracy Murphy), please send attachments to email@example.com
- Q: Am I required to have found a placement when I apply for the course?
- Q: When can I start the placement?
Q: Does the university have any suggested preceptors?
A: Yes, we have a small preceptor list available here.
The estimated timeframe for an application enrolment process is available below:
This course is now available, please click the button below to apply.
T: +61 3 8344 5673