Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appraise the extent, impact and causes of, and responses to, key adolescent health challenges and opportunities globally;
- Critique key conceptual frameworks used to theorise adolescence, adolescent health, and inequalities in adolescent health shaped by gender, culture, socio-economic status, and varying levels of development;
- Demonstrate skills for effectively engaging young people through youth-friendly health services and programs designed to promote adolescent health;
- Examine the causes, extent, impact and solutions to specific case studies in adolescent health using the conceptual frameworks introduced in the course;
- Develop an intervention plan aimed at preventing or responding to a key adolescent health issue in a specific cultural context.
Dr Linda Bennett